Cash Discounting and Surcharging
A cash discount occurs when a merchant decreases the price for cash purchases and offers merchants an alternative to credit card processing. Cash discount programs are not credit card surcharges because they do not levy a fee that is added to a credit card transaction. Both TSYS and First Data allow cash discounting. Merchants must clearly and conspicuously disclose the discount to consumers.
Cash Discounting Option!
- Optional ability to markup all inventory pricing by 3%
- Can encourage customers to pay with cash (or debit, check) instead of credit to gain goodwill, but will not decrease revenue
- See a much lower month-end due balance with daily discount enabled
- Answer your merchants calls for cash discounting
- and so much more!
- A way for merchants to charge fees up to 3% to customers who pay with credit cards
- The merchant must be registered with the processor and Mastercard
- Merchants do not have to mark up their pricing
- Post surcharge disclosure signage at both the point of entry and at the point of sale